This topic describes how to enable Application Real-Time Monitoring Service (ARMS) Prometheus for an external Kubernetes cluster by deploying an application in the cluster. This provides a unified approach to manage Kubernetes clusters that are deployed across regions.
- Log on to the Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the ACK console, choose .
- On the App Catalog page, click the Alibaba Cloud Apps tab and find and click ack-arms-prometheus.In the upper-right corner of the App Catalog page, you can enter ack-arms-prometheus in to the Name search bar and click the search icon. You can also enter a keyword to perform a fuzzy match.
- On the App Catalog - ack-arms-prometheus page, select an external cluster to deploy the application and click Create in the Deploy section.
Parameter Description Remarks cluster_id The ID of the selected cluster. These parameters are automatically specified based on the selected cluster. uid The user ID of your Alibaba Cloud account.Note The value must be enclosed in quotation marks. region_id The region where ARMS is deployed.Notice
- If a leased line is deployed between the cluster and virtual private cloud (VPC) where the cluster is deployed, the leased line is automatically used.
- If the external cluster is registered through a public network, you must delete vpc in the address of the image registry on the Parameters tab. For example, after vpc is deleted, the address of the image registry is registry.cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com/arms-docker-repo/arms-prom-operator:v0.1.