This topic describes how to resize a bandwidth plan for cross-region connections. After you modify the bandwidth value, it immediately takes effect.
- You can only upgrade a bandwidth plan for cross-region connections. Downgrades are not supported.
- If you want to resize both a basic bandwidth plan and a bandwidth plan for cross-region
connections, take note of the following rules:
- Upgrade: You must upgrade a bandwidth plan for cross-region connections before you upgrade a basic bandwidth plan.
- Downgrade: To downgrade a basic bandwidth plan, submit a ticket.
For more information about how to resize a basic bandwidth plan, see resize a basic bandwidth plan.
- When you upgrade a bandwidth plan for cross-region connections, make sure that the new bandwidth value is not greater than the maximum bandwidth value supported by the Global Accelerator (GA) instance. For more information about GA instance types, see Global Accelerator overview.
- Log on to the Global Accelerator console.
- On the Instances page, find the GA instance and click its ID.
- On the page that appears, click the Bandwidth Manage tab.
- In the Cross-region Bandwidth Package section, find the bandwidth plan that you want to manage and click Change Specification in the Bandwidth column.
- On the Upgrade/Downgrade page, resize the bandwidth and select Cross-Region Acceleration Bandwidth Package (International Site) Terms of Service.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.