ER is available to Alibaba Cloud accounts of GC5 or higher levels. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. For more information about public previews, see Product updates.
How it works
- CDN/Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) requests without ER: 1. The client initiates a request to the edge node gateway. → 2. If the requested content is cached in the edge node, the node directly serves the content to the client. → 3. If the requested content is not cached in the edge node, CDN/DCDN fetches the content from the origin.
- CDN/DCDN requests with ER: 1. The client initiates a request to the edge node gateway.
the fetch request to access the cache or fetch content from the origin (Arrow 5 or
3) or access other Internet services (Arrow 6).
Note In the preceding figure, ER is executed behind the gateway. Therefore, CDN/DCDN-accelerated domain configurations (such as HTTPS configuration, access control, performance optimization, and cache settings) that are configured in the console will continue to take effect.
|Authentication||Custom Alibaba Cloud CDN authentication and asynchronous authentication|
|Originless responses||Static content delivery|
|Web applications and applets||
|Beacon||Capturing and analytics of edge tracking data|
- The code file must be smaller than 1 MB.
- The CPU time that is consumed to process an individual request must be less than 50 milliseconds.
- The response time for an individual request must be less than 120 seconds.
- The total amount of memory consumed on an individual CDN edge node must be less than 128 MB.