When you no longer need a stack group and its stacks, you can delete the stack instances and all of their associated resources from the specified accounts within the specified regions.
- A stack group can be deleted only when the stack group does not contain any stack instances.
- When you delete a stack, the stack instance is not deleted.
- When you delete a stack instance, you can select whether to delete the stack.
- Log on to the ROS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stack Groups.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where your stack group resides from the drop-down list.
- Delete the stack instances from the stack group.
- On the Stack Groups page, click the icon in the Actions column corresponding to the stack group and select Delete Stack from Stack Group.
- In the Set Deployment Options step of the Delete Stack from Stack Group wizard, set Accounts, Regions, Maximum Number of Concurrent Accounts, and Fault Tolerance, and then click Next.
- In the Check and Confirm step of the Delete Stack from Stack Group wizard, confirm the Accounts, Regions, Maximum Number of Concurrent Accounts, and Fault Tolerance settings for the stack group, and click Delete.For more information about how to specify Maximum Number of Concurrent Accounts and Fault Tolerance, see Stack group deployment options.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a method to delete the stack and click OK.
- If you set Method to Delete the Stack to Release Resources, the stack will be deleted. In this case, all resources that were created in the stack are also released. Proceed with caution.
- If you set Method to Delete the Stack to Retain Resources, the stack will not be deleted.
- Delete the stack group.
- On the Stack Groups page, click Delete in the Actions column corresponding to the stack group that you want to delete.
- In the message that appears, click OK.