You can update a stack group to modify its template, parameter settings, administrator role, target roles, fault tolerance, and number of concurrent accounts.
- Log on to the Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) console.
- Select the region where the target stack group resides from the drop-down list in the upper-left corner.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stack Groups.
- On the Stack Groups page, click Update in the Actions column corresponding to the stack group.
- In the Select Template step of the Modify Stack Group wizard, select and configure a template as prompted, and click Next.
If you select Replace Current Template, the stack group template and all stacks in the stack group will be updated. If you only need to update some stacks, specify the target accounts and regions in the Set Deployment Options step.
- In the Configure Template Parameters step of the Modify Stack Group wizard, set Stack Group Description and Parameters as prompted, and click Next.
- In the Configure Stack Group step of the Modify Stack Group wizard, set Admin Role and Execution Role as prompted, and click Next.
- In the Set Deployment Options step of the Modify Stack Group wizard, configure the accounts, regions, maximum number of concurrent accounts, and
fault tolerance for the stack group as prompted, and click Next.
For information about how to set Maximum Number of Concurrent Accounts and Fault Tolerance, see Stack group deployment options.
- In the Confirm step of the Modify Stack Group wizard, click Confirm.
- Click Confirm.
To confirm the update configuration, click Next. After you confirm that the configuration is correct, click Confirm to update the stack group.