Global Accelerator (GA) allows you to set the weight of an endpoint in the endpoint group. The weight determines the proportion of requests that GA directs to the endpoint.
For example, if you want to distribute 1/3 of the network traffic to Endpoint 1 and 2/3 of the network traffic to Endpoint 2, you can set the weight of Endpoint 1 to 1 and that of Endpoint 2 to 2. To disable GA from distributing network traffic to an endpoint, you can set the weight of the endpoint to 0.
- Log on to the Global Accelerator console.
- On the Instances page, find the GA instance and click Configure Listeners in the Actions column.
- On the Listeners tab, find the listener and click Edit Endpoint Group in the Actions column.
- On the Configure Endpoint Group page, find the endpoint, set the weight, and then click Next.Valid values for the weight: 0 to 255.
- On the Confirm page, review the configurations.
- After you confirm the configurations, click Submit.After you submit the configurations, the system requires some time to modify the configurations. During this process, the state of the listener is Configuring.