This topic describes how to query data in a single backup set that is generated by Database Backup (DBS).
BillingDBS can call the Data Lake Analytics (DLA) API to query data in backup sets. You are not charged for using DBS to query data in backup sets. However, DLA charges you based on the volume of scanned data. For more information, see Billing methods.
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Schedules. On the Backup Schedules page, select a region in the upper-left corner.
- On the Backup Schedules page, find the backup schedule where the backup set that you want to query is generated. Then, click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the page that appears, find the backup set that you want to query and click Query Backup Set in the Actions column.
- In the Query Backup Set dialog box, click OK.
- Log on to the DLA console. In the left-side navigation pane, choose Serverless SQL > Execute. DLA creates a database based on the schema of the selected backup sets and displays the database in the navigation tree of the Execute page. Double-click the database name, enter an SQL statement in the code editor, and then click Sync Execute.