Members are containers for resources in a resource directory. These accounts isolate resources and serve as organizational units in the resource directory. You can create members in folders and manage them in a centralized manner.
- For more information about the limit on the number of members, see Limits on resource directories.
- You can use one of the following methods to create a member:
- Choose Organization tab. Then, create a member in an existing folder. Alternatively, you can create a folder and create a member in the new folder. This topic describes this method. . On the page that appears, click the
- Choose Members tab. On this tab, click Create Member to create a member. The created member belongs to the Root folder by default. You can move the member to your desired folder. For more information about how to move a member, see Move a member. . On the page that appears, click the
- Choose Move a member. . On the page that appears, create a member. The created member belongs to the Root folder by default. You can move the member to your desired folder. For more information about how to move a member, see
- Log on to the Resource Management console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Organization tab, find the folder in which you want to create a member and click the folder name.
- In the right-side section that appears, click Create Member.
- On the Create Member page, configure Alibaba Cloud Account Name. The configured ID must be unique in the current resource directory.
- On the Create Member page, configure Display Name.
- Configure Settlement.
- Master Account: If you select this option, the management account of the resource directory is used as the settlement account.
- Member: If you select this option, an existing member in the resource directory is used as the settlement account. You must click specify a member to select a member as the settlement account in the panel that appears.
- Self-pay: If you select this option, the member that is being created is used as the settlement account.
An account that does not have the payment capability cannot be selected. For more information about how to determine whether an account has the payment capability, see Consolidated Billing Overview.
- Click OK. Note Members created in a resource directory inherit the legal entity of the management account for the resource directory. This indicates that the real-name verification information of the members is consistent with that of the management account.
After members are created in a resource directory, the system manages them in a centralized manner.
- The system automatically activates the Resource Access Management (RAM) service for the members.
- The system automatically creates a RAM role named ResourceDirectoryAccountAccessRole for each member and assigns the role to the management account of the resource directory. This way, you can use the management account to centrally manage the members.
- Each member belongs to only one folder. You can use the management account to move members between folders in the resource directory based on your business requirements. After a member is moved from one folder to another, the resources within the member are also moved to the new folder.