This topic describes what you need to prepare before migration.
AWS S3 (multi-version)
- Estimate the amount of data to be migrated.
Estimate the size and number of files to be migrated. Log on to the AWS CloudWatch console, and select an AWS Simple Storage Service (AWS S3) bucket to view the size and number of files to be migrated.Note To ensure a successful migration, you must enter an appropriate size and number of files when creating a migration job.
- Create an AccessKey pair for migration.
On the IAM page in the AWS console, create a user, grant the
AmazonS3ReadOnlyAccesspermission to the user, and then create an AccessKey pair.
AWS S3 whitelists are not supported by Data Online Migration. If a whitelist is configured, delete it or submit a ticket.
Alibaba Cloud OSS (multi-version)
- Create an OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
- Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Click OK to save the generated RAM username, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey Secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions to grant the OSS read/write permission (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and Data Transport management permission (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user. The following figure shows the authorization page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview, click the link in the RAM user logon section, and enter the username and password of the new RAM user to log on to the console.