This topic describes what you need to prepare before migration.
- Estimate the amount of data to be migrated.
Estimate the size and number of files to be migrated. Log on to the Huawei Cloud console, choose , and select the bucket to be migrated. In the Basic Statistics section, check the size of the bucket to be migrated and the number of files to be migrated.Note To ensure a successful migration, you must enter an appropriate size and number of files when creating a migration job.
- Create an AccessKey pair for migration.
In the upper-right corner of the console, move the pointer over the account name and click My Credentials. On the page that appears, click Access Keys, and then click Create Access Key to create an AccessKey pair.
Alibaba Cloud OSS
- Create an OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
- Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Click OK to save the generated RAM username, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey Secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions to grant the OSS read/write permission (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and Data Transport management permission (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user. The following figure shows the authorization page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview, click the link in the RAM user logon section, and enter the username and password of the new RAM user to log on to the console.