This topic describes what you need to prepare before migration.
- Estimate the amount of data to be migrated.
Estimate the size of data to be migrated. Log on to the UCloud console, choose , and click the name of the bucket that stores the source data. On the page, check the size of the data stored in the bucket.Note To ensure a successful migration, you must enter an appropriate size and number of files when creating a migration job.
- Create a cloud API public key and private key for the migration job.
In the UCloud console, chooseand select a value in the Bucket column to go to the public key and private key management page. Choose , and view and create a public key and a private key.
Alibaba Cloud OSS
- Create an OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
- Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Click OK to save the generated RAM username, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey Secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions to grant the OSS read/write permission (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and Data Transport management permission (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user. The following figure shows the authorization page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview, click the link in the RAM user logon section, and enter the username and password of the new RAM user to log on to the console.