When you create an alert rule, you can specify a contact group as the receiver of alert notifications. If the alert rule is triggered, sends alert notifications to the contacts in the contact group. This topic describes how to create and manage a contact group.
- On the Contact Group tab, click Create a contact group in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create a contact group dialog box, enter a group name in the Group name field, select alert contacts in the Alarm contact list, and then click OK.
Note If no options are displayed in the Alarm contact list, you must first create a contact. For more information, see .
What to do next
- To search for a contact group, go to the Contact Group tab, enter the contact group name or keywords of the name in the search box, and then click the icon.
Notice Keywords are case-sensitive.
- To edit a contact group, click the icon to the right of the contact group, edit the related information in the Edit Contact Group dialog box, and then click OK.
- To view the contacts in a contact group, click the icon to the left of the contact group to show the group.
Note You can remove one or more contacts from a shown contact group. To remove a contact, click Remove in the Operation column corresponding to the contact.
- To delete a contact group, click the icon to the right of the contact group and then click OK in the message that appears.
Notice Before you delete a contact group, make sure that no monitoring job is running. Otherwise, features such as alerting may be disabled.