On the alert Policies page, you can manage all the alert rules under your account and query the history of alert events and alert posts.
Manage alert rules
The alert rules that you create in Application Monitoring, Browser Monitoring, and Custom Monitoring all appear on the Alert Policies page. You can take actions to the alert rules, including start, stop, edit, delete alert rules, and view alert details. For more information about how to create alert rules, see Quickly create ARMS alerts.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose.
- Log on to the console. Click the target application in Applications. In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Optional:On the Alert Rules tab, enter the alert name in the search box, then click Search.
Note You can enter part of an alert name in the search box to perform a fuzzy search.
- In the Actions column, you may take actions on the filtered alert rules, as needed:
- To edit an alert rule, click Edit. In the Edit Alert dialog box, edit the alert rule, and click Save.
- To delete an alert rule, click Delete. In the Delete dialog box, click Delete.
- To start a stopped alert rule, click Start, and in OK dialog box, click Start.
- To stop a running alert rule, click Stop, and then click OK in the Stop dialog box.
- To view the alert event history and alert post history, click View Alert Detail, and view related records on the Alert Event History tab.
Query alert history
You can view historical records about when and why an alert rule was triggered, and about the alert notification records sent to specified alert contacts on the Alert History tab.
- On the Alert Policies page, click the Alert History tab.
- On the Alert History tab, select or enter the Alert Type, Trigger State and Alert Name, and then click Search.
The line charts and bar charts on the tab show the relationship between alert data and alert trigger events, also the alert trigger details. The line chart represents the alert data and the bar chart represents the alert events.
- Scroll down to the bottom, view the history of alert events on the Alert Event History tab.
Note Alert notifications are sent only when the trigger state is triggered. (Trigger column contains a red dot.)
- Click the Alert Post History tab to view the records of alert notifications (such as SMS and email) that were sent for triggered alerts.