After you configure a DingTalk chatbot to send notifications, you can specify DingTalk groups to receive alert notifications. This topic describes how to configure a DingTalk chatbot to send notifications.
Add a custom DingTalk chatbot and obtain the webhook URL
Perform the following steps to add a custom DingTalk chatbot and obtain the webhook URL:
- Run the DingTalk client on a PC, go to the DingTalk group to which you want to add an alert chatbot, and then click the Group Settings icon in the upper-right corner.
- In the Group Settings panel, click Group Assistant.
- In the Group Assistant panel, click Add Robot.
- In the ChatBot dialog box, click the + icon in the Add Robot card. Then, click Custom.
- In the Robot details dialog box, click Add.
- In the Add Robot dialog box, edit the profile picture, enter a chatbot name, and then select at least
one of the options in the Security Settings section. Read and select I have read and accepted DingTalk Custom Robot Service Terms of Service. Click Finished.Notice You must select Custom Keywords in the Security Settings section, and set at least Alarm and Dispatch as keywords. Otherwise, you cannot receive alert messages.
- In the Add Robot dialog box, click Copy to save the webhook URL of the chatbot and then click Finished.
Add the webhook URL to a contact and set the alert handler
- Create or edit a contact. When you configure the contact, enter the webhook URL of the DingTalk chatbot in the DingTalk robot field. For more information, see Create a contact.
- Optional:Create or edit a contact group. When you configure the contact group, add the contact with the webhook URL of the DingTalk chatbot to the contact group. For more information, see Create a contact group.
- Create or edit a dispatch rule. When you configure the dispatch rule, select the contact or contact group with the webhook URL of the DingTalk chatbot from the Handler drop-down list, and then select DingTalk in the Notification method section. For more information, see Configure an alert dispatch policy.
A DingTalk chatbot is configured to send notifications. When an alert is triggered, you will receive an alert notification from the specified DingTalk group. The following figure shows an alert notification.