If you no longer use a private endpoint or want to perform operations that are not supported in direct connection mode, you can release the private endpoint to disable the direct connection mode. For example, release the private endpoint before you change configurations or upgrade a major version.
- A private endpoint is available. For more information, see Apply for a private endpoint.
- The private endpoint configured in the application is changed to another available
endpoint. For example, the internal endpoint in proxy mode.
Warning After a private endpoint is released, the client cannot use it to connect to the ApsaraDB for Redis cluster. We recommend that you change the connection configuration in your application before you release the private endpoint.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instances page, click the Instance ID of the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Connection.
- On the Connection page, click Release Private Endpoint in the Actions column of Direct Connection.
- In the Release Private Endpoint dialog box, click OK.