If you no longer use a private endpoint or want to perform operations that are not allowed in the direct connection mode, you can disable the direct connection mode by releasing the private endpoint. The direct connection mode does not support operations such as configuration modification and major version upgrade.
- A private endpoint is available. For more information, see Apply for a private endpoint.
In the application configuration for connections between your application and the
ApsaraDB for Redis instance, the private endpoint is changed to another available address, such as the internal endpoint in the proxy mode.
Warning After you release the private endpoint, the client cannot use it to connect to the ApsaraDB for Redis cluster instance. Make sure that you have modified the connection configuration in your application before you release the private endpoint.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances to go to the Instances page. Find the target instance, and click the instance ID, or click the More icon in the Action column for the instance and select Manage.
- The Instance Information page appears. In the left-side navigation pane, click Connection.
- On the page that appears, click Release Private Endpoint in the Action column for Direct Connection.
- In the Release Private Endpoint dialog box, click OK.