You can use the Interface Call feature in the console to monitor API calls. The metrics include SQL Analysis, NoSQL Analysis, error Analysis, Upstream Services, Downstream Services, and Interface Snapshot.
This feature module can automatically detect and monitor the APIs provided in the following web frameworks and remote procedure call (RPC) frameworks:
- Tomcat 7+
- Jetty 8+
- Resin 3.0+
- Undertow 1.3+
- WebLogic 11.0+
- SpringBoot 1.3.0+
- HSF 2.0+
- Dubbo 2.5+
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Applications.
- On the Applications page, select a region in the top navigation bar and a namespace from the Namespace drop-down list. Select ECS Clusters from the Cluster Type drop-down list, and then click the name of the application whose metrics you want to view.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
The Overview tab on the Interface Call page displays all APIs that are detected by the application monitoring agent. You can sort the APIs by response time, number of requests, or number of errors. You can select an API to view the topology of the API and statistics on HTTP status codes. On the Overview tab, you can also view the time curves that shows the changes on the number of requests, response time, and number of errors.
The SQL Analysis tab displays the database queries that are initiated by the selected API. On this tab, you can view the number of database queries and query time to determine the databases that have slow SQL queries.
The NoSQL Analysis tab displays the SQL queries that are initiated every minute by the selected API. On this tab, you can determine the SQL queries that require long time to process. You can also click Interface Snapshot to view the complete trace where an SQL statement is executed.
The Error Analysis tab displays application errors and HTTP status codes. You can also click a value in the TraceId column and view the trace information on the page that appears.
Upstream Services and downstream Services
The Upstream Services and Downstream Services tabs display the upstream services that call the application and the downstream services that are called by the application. You can view the performance metrics of the calls, including the number of requests, response time, and number of errors.
On the Upstream Services and Downstream Services tabs, you can perform the following operations based on your business requirements:
- Click Expand/Collapse All at the top to show or hide all APIs.
- On the tabs, enter a keyword in the search box at the top and click the search icon to filter APIs.
- Click the collapse panel where the API call information resides or click the up or down arrow at the end of the row to expand or collapse the performance metric information of this API.
After you select an interface on the left side of the page, you can view the time when each call was initiated, API name, application, time consumed, status, and trace ID.