The backend system of Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch maintains clusters to improve their stability. You can specify a maintenance window within which the backend system maintains your cluster. The default maintenance window is from 02:00 to 06:00. We recommend that you set the maintenance window to the off-peak hours of your business to avoid impacts on your business.
- Before maintenance is performed, the system sends SMS messages and emails to the contacts listed in your Alibaba Cloud account.
- To ensure smooth maintenance, your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster enters the Initializing state prior to the maintenance window. In this case, you can still access the cluster and perform query operations such as performance monitoring. However, you cannot perform modification operations such as restart and configuration upgrades for the cluster.
- Make sure that you configured automatic reconnection policies for your applications because the cluster may experience transient disconnections within the maintenance window.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster resides.
- Find the target cluster and click its ID.
- On the Basic Information page, click Set on the right side of Maintenance Window in the Cluster Statistics section.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a maintenance window and click OK.
Note The maintenance window is in UTC+8. The duration of the maintenance window is four hours and cannot be customized.