This topic describes how to upgrade the version of an Elasticsearch cluster. Currently, you can upgrade an Elasticsearch cluster only from V6.3.2 to V6.7.0 with one click.
For more information about relevant check items, see Check items before a version upgrade.
- When you upgrade the version of an Elasticsearch cluster, you can continue to read data from or write data to the cluster, but you cannot cancel the upgrade or make other changes. We recommend that you perform a version upgrade during off-peak hours.
- To upgrade the version of a cluster, add nodes of the target version to the cluster, migrate data stored on nodes of the source version to the new nodes, and remove the nodes of the source version. This causes the IP addresses of nodes to change.
Check items before a version upgrade
Before you perform a version upgrade, check items listed in the following table. You can only upgrade the versions of Elasticsearch clusters that are in normal states.
|Check item||Normal state|
|Cluster state||The cluster is in the Active state (indicated by the color green).|
|JVM heap memory usage||The JVM heap memory usage of the cluster is less than 75%.|
|Disk usage||The disk usage of nodes is less than the value of
|Replica||All indexes are configured with replicas.|
|Snapshot||The cluster created snapshots within the last hour.|
|Custom plug-in||The cluster does not have custom plug-ins installed.|
|ECS instance in the zone where the cluster resides||The zone where the cluster resides contains sufficient ECS instances.
Note To upgrade the version of a cluster, add nodes of the target version to the cluster, migrate data stored on nodes of the source version to the new nodes, and remove the nodes of the source version. Therefore, before the upgrade, ensure that the zone where the cluster resides has sufficient ECS instances.
|YML file configuration||The cluster of the target version is compatible with the YML file configuration of the source version.|
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster resides.
- Find the target cluster and click its ID.
- In the upper-right corner of the Basic Information page, click Update and Upgrade.
- In the Upgrade dialog box, select the target version.
- Click Precheck.
The system then checks the configuration compatibility, status, snapshots, and basic resources of the cluster.
After the check is complete, handle exceptions as prompted. For example, if the cluster has not created snapshots within the last hour, you can click Create Snapshots to trigger the snapshot operation.
- After the check is successful, click Upgrade.
During the upgrade, you can view the upgrade progress in the Tasks dialog box.After the upgrade, you can view the cluster version on the Basic Information page.Notice After the upgrade, the IP addresses of nodes change. If you specified the IP addresses in the cluster configuration, update them after the upgrade.