This topic describes how to add Elastic Compute Service (ECS) security groups as whitelists for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance. This facilitates the client management and enhances security of connections. A security group serves as a virtual firewall to limit the inbound and outbound network traffic of ECS instances that belong to this security group. After you specify a security group as a whitelist, all ECS instances in the security group are allowed to access the ApsaraDB for Redis instance.
The ECS instances where ApsaraDB for Redis clients are deployed are added to the security group. For more information, see Add ECS instances to a security group.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- On the top of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the instance ID of the target instance or choose More > Manage in the Actions column for the instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Instance Information page, click Whitelist Settings.
- On the Whitelist Settings page, click Add Security Group to add an ECS security group.
- In the Add Security Group dialog box, perform the following steps:Note You can add up to 10 ECS security groups for each ApsaraDB for Redis instance.
- Select one or more security groups that you want to add.
- Click OK.