Applications that are deployed in an Alibaba Cloud Service Mesh (ASM) instance run in clusters. To use an ASM instance to manage applications, you must add a Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) cluster to the instance.
- An ASM instance is created. For more information, see Create an ASM instance.
- An ACK cluster is created. For more information, see Create a dedicated Kubernetes cluster and Create a managed Kubernetes cluster.
- The API server of the ACK cluster can be accessed from the Internet or the cluster resides in the same virtual private cloud (VPC) as the ASM instance.
- Log on to the ASM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Mesh Management page, find the ASM instance to which you want to add an ACK cluster and click the name of the ASM instance. Alternatively, click Manage in the Actions column of the ASM instance.
- In the Data Plane section, click the Cluster tab.
- On the Cluster tab, click Add.
- In the Add Cluster panel, select the cluster to be added to the ASM instance and click OK.
- If you application runs in a single cluster or multiple clusters in a VPC, we recommend that you select Clusters in the Same VPC as the ASM Instance to filter clusters.
- Make sure that the proxy container of the cluster to be added to the ASM instance can access Istio Pilot of the instance. If Istio Pilot of the instance does not allow Internet access, make sure that it can be accessed by the proxy container through the VPC.
- In the Note message, click OK.