The dimension table feature allows you to edit MaxCompute tables without writing SQL code. Instead, you can edit MaxCompute tables in a visualized manner.
- Go to the DataStudio page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target workspace resides. Find the target workspace and click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- On the DataStudio page, click the icon in the upper-left corner and choose .
- On the DataAnalysis homepage, click Experience Now. The Web Excel page appears.
- In the top navigation bar, click Dimension.
- In the All Dimension Tables section of the page, click the name of the MaxCompute table that you want to edit in the File Name column to go to the MaxCompute table editing page.
- On the MaxCompute table editing page, view and modify the information about the MaxCompute table.
In the left side of the MaxCompute table editing page, you can view the MaxCompute table information, such as the workspace, table name, table description, lifecycle, and field description. To view the details of the MaxCompute table, click the link under Table Details to go to the Data Map page. For more information, see View table details.To modify the settings of the MaxCompute table, perform the following steps: Click the Modify field settings icon. In the Modify the field settings dimension table dialog box, modify Table Description and Lifecycle. You can also add fields to the MaxCompute table in this dialog box.
The right side of the MaxCompute table editing page displays all the data in the MaxCompute table as a workbook. The values in the first row are used as field names. You can double-click a cell to modify the content of a field in the corresponding row.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the changes.
After you save the MaxCompute table, you can view all the data in the table. You can also click Diff in the upper-right corner of the page to view all the data in the Diff From the Previous Version dialog box.