This topic describes the preparations that you must make before you establish an exclusive physical connection.
1. Select an access point
An access point is a location where Alibaba Cloud provides network services. Multiple links are available at access points for you to connect your on-premises data center to Alibaba Cloud. Before you use a physical connection to Alibaba Cloud, you must obtain the specific locations of access points. Before you use a physical connection to Alibaba Cloud, you must to determine the specific location of the access point.
We recommend that you select an access point that is closest to your on-premises data center. Access points in different regions may be operated by different data center providers. The bandwidth may also vary, depending on the access point location.
- Service provider
We recommend that you select a service provider based on your needs. Available service providers include China Unicom, China Telecom, China Mobile, and some local service providers.Note
- Data centers of all access points are owned by service providers and third-party providers except the Hangzhou-Yuhang-A-Ali access point and the access points in the China (Zhangjiakou) region.
- Data centers of China Unicom, China Telecom, and China Mobile only operate their own leased lines and do not support leased lines of other service providers.
- China Unicom, China Telecom, and China Mobile data centers do not support bare fibers. For more information, consult your service provider.
You can select a copper port or an optical port.
- All electrical ports use multiple spanning tree protocol (MSTP) links. Service providers
use optical transceivers to convert optical cables of the transmission network to
low-bandwidth RJ45 interfaces in data centers where access points are located. RJ45
interfaces are usually used for ports with a speed lower than 100 Mbit/s. Therefore,
we recommend that you use a 100 MB copper port in low-bandwidth scenarios.
By default, the switches at Alibaba Cloud access points support 10 GE electrical ports. The port speed depends on the port specification.
- Optical ports are known as bare optical fibers. Service providers use optical cables
of the transmission network connections to Alibaba Cloud. The speed of an optical
port depends on the negotiated speed of optical modules on both ends of the connection,
such as 1 GB, 10 GB, 40 GB, and 100 GB.
- Different access points provide different port types. We recommend you check the port types available for purchase before you apply for a physical connection interface.
- By default, Alibaba Cloud provides optical modules with 1 GB and 10 GB ports and supports a transmission distance of 10 km. If you require optical modules with 40 GB and 100 GB ports and a longer transmission distance, you must purchase the optical modules yourself.
- If you select an optical port, ensure that the service provider of the leased line uses optical fiber cables to access Alibaba Cloud devices.
- Alibaba Cloud does not host any fiber optical transceivers for customers. Make sure that the leased line provider uses the correct type of cables to access Alibaba Cloud devices.
- All electrical ports use multiple spanning tree protocol (MSTP) links. Service providers use optical transceivers to convert optical cables of the transmission network to low-bandwidth RJ45 interfaces in data centers where access points are located. RJ45 interfaces are usually used for ports with a speed lower than 100 Mbit/s. Therefore, we recommend that you use a 100 MB copper port in low-bandwidth scenarios.
2. Check available resources
After you determine the access point, service provider, and port type, you can go to the payment page in the Express Connect console, and check whether the resources you require are available for purchase.
- Go to the Express Connect-Port Initialization for Physical Connection page.
- Set Region, SP, Access Point, Understand Billing Rules, and Redundant Connection ID. Click Buy Now.
- Check the configurations of the physical connection interface and click Pay.
- Check the message that appears on the page.
- After you click Pay, a payment page appears, it means the resources you require are available at the
selected access point.
Notice Do not click Confirm Payment.
- After you click Pay, if the system indicates that the activation failed, the required resources are unavailable at the specified access point. You must select another access point.
- After you click Pay, a payment page appears, it means the resources you require are available at the selected access point.
3. Contact the service provider to perform a site survey
After you determine the access point and obtain the location of the access point, you must consult the service provider about a connection solution and require the service provider to perform a site survey.
- Consult your service provider about how to build a leased line between your on-premises data center and the specified Alibaba Cloud access point.
- After you and your service provider confirm the connection plan, you must to apply
for a site survey in the data center where the Alibaba Cloud access point is located.
You must provide required information, including names, ID numbers, and contact information of the service provider engineers who will perform the site survey.
- After your application is approved, Alibaba Cloud helps the engineers finish the site survey within two workdays.
- Contact the service provider to perform the site survey and ask for a price quote
for end-to-end resources. Relevant fees include:
- Alibaba Cloud charges a one-time initial installation fee and a resource occupation fee for the port used in the connection.
- The service provider charges a rental fee for the leased line used to connect your on-premises data center to the access point.
- The data center provider may charge an indoor cable fee. Data centers of all access points are owned by service providers and third-party providers, for an exception of the Hangzhou-Yuhang-A-Ali access point and access points in China (Zhangjiakou) which are owned by Alibaba Cloud. Therefore, you may need to purchase indoor cables in the data center building from the data center provider.
- The provider of your on-premises data center may charge fees for cable connections
and use of indoor cables
Note Before your service provider performs the site survey at the Alibaba Cloud access point, follow these rules:
- For data centers within mainland China, the service provider can apply to enter the room dedicated to Alibaba Cloud devices and perform a site survey.
- For data centers outside mainland China, the service provider can perform the site survey at the Meet-Me-Room instead of the dedicated room of Alibaba Cloud. Therefore, site surveys outside mainland China do not require applications or approvals by Alibaba Cloud.
- To obtain detailed locations of Alibaba Cloud access points, submit a ticket.
Access point locations
To help you select an appropriate access point, the following table lists the landmarks within 5 kilometers away from the Alibaba Cloud access points. For more information about detailed locations of access points, submit a ticket.
|Country (city)||Access point||Service provider||Nearby landmark|
|China (Qingdao)||Qingdao-Laoshan-A||China Unicom||Qingdao International Golf Club|
|China (Beijing)||Beijing-Daxing-A||GDS Services||Real Estate Registry of Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area|
|Beijing-Daxing-B||China Unicom||Yizhuang School of Beijing No.2 Middle School|
|Beijing-Daxing-C||China Unicom||Yizhuang School of Beijing No.2 Middle School|
|Beijing-Changping-A||China Telecom||Riverside Park of Future Science City in Changping District, Beijing|
|Beijing-Yizhuang-A||21vianet||Beijing Etrong International Exhibition & Convention Center|
|Beijing-Shunyi-A||China Telecom||Beijing Fangzhou Skin Disease Hospital|
|Beijing-Shunyi-B||China Mobile||Beijing Fangzhou Skin Disease Hospital|
|China (Zhangjiakou)||Zhangjiakou-Xiaoertai-A||Alibaba Cloud||Xiao'ertaixiang People's Government office in Zhangjiakou|
|Zhangjiakou-Miaotan-A||Alibaba Cloud||Zhangbei People's Government office|
|China (Hohhot)||Hohhot-Shengle-A||China Telecom||Inner Mongolia Ego International E-commerce Industrial Park|
|Hohhot-Xincheng-A||China Unicom||Hohhot Housing Security and House Management Bureau|
|China (Hangzhou)||Hangzhou-Linan-A||Watone Cloud||The Qingshan Lake Fire Station|
|Hangzhou-Xiaoshan-A||China Unicom||Zhejiang College of Construction|
|Hangzhou-Xiaoshan-B||China Telecom||Powerlong Shopping Mall in Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou|
|Hangzhou-Xiaoshan-D||China Mobile||Zhejiang College of Construction|
|Hangzhou-Jianggan-B||21vianet||Wahaha Group Co., Ltd, Xiasha base|
|Hangzhou-Deqing-B||China Unicom||Deqing People's Government office, Huzhou City|
|China (Shanghai)||Shanghai-Baoshan-A||China Telecom||Shanghai Baoshan Luojingzhen People's Government office|
|Shanghai-Baoshan-B||China Unicom||Shanghai Customs No.6 Surveillance Zone|
|Shanghai-Baoshan-C||21vianet||Shanghai Baoshan International Folk Arts Exposition|
|Shanghai-Pudong-A||China Mobile||Pudong Jinhai Wetland Park|
|Shanghai-Pudong-B||China Telecom||Senlan Sports Park in Pudong District, Shanghai|
|Shanghai-Pudong-D||China Unicom||Gaodong Ecological Park in Pudong District, Shanghai|
|Shanghai-Jiading-A||China Telecom||Tianhua College of Shanghai Normal University|
|China (Shenzhen)||Shenzhen-Futian-A||GDS Services||Shenzhen Maternity & Child Healthcare Hospital (Fuqiang branch)|
|Shenzhen-Longhua-A||China Telecom||Guanlan Middle School|
|Shenzhen-Yantian-A||China Unicom||Jiarun Building in Longgang District, Shenzhen|
|Shenzhen-Nanshan-A||21vianet||People's Hospital in Nanshan District, Shenzhen|
|Shenzhen-Nanshan-A||China Mobile||Yanziling Park in Pingshan District, Shenzhen|
|China (Chengdu)||Chengdu-HighTech-B||China Telecom||University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (Qingshuihe campus)|
|Region||Country (city)||Access point||Service provider|
|Asia Pacific||China (Hong Kong)||HK-KwaiChung-A||Equinix|
|Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)||Malaysia-KualaLumpur-A||NTT|
|Europe and Americas||US (Silicon Valley)||USA-San Jose-A||Equinix|
|Middle East and India||UAE (Dubai)||UAE-Dubai-A||Equinix|