Before you use Alibaba Cloud Service Mesh (ASM), you must take note of its limits.
This topic describes the limits on operations and resource quotas of ASM.
The following table describes the limits of ASM.
|ASM instance creation
||You are not allowed to perform the following operations on an ASM instance after it
- Change the virtual private cloud (VPC) and vSwitch of the ASM instance.
- Enable Internet access for the API server by adding a public-facing Server Load Balancer
- Enable Internet access for Istio Pilot by adding a public-facing SLB instance.
- You can create a maximum of 10 ASM instances within an Alibaba Cloud account. To request
a quota increase, submit a ticket.
- We recommend that you configure less than 1,000 Envoy proxies for each ASM instance.
To request a quota increase, submit a ticket.
Before you use ASM, make sure that you can create managed clusters in Container Service
for Kubernetes (ACK). For more information about limits on ACK clusters, see Limits