When you seek help from Alibaba Cloud technical support to locate problems that occurred in your RDS PostgreSQL instance, you may need to grant permissions to the service account of your instance. The service account is used by Alibaba Cloud technical support to perform operations on the databases in your instance. After the specified expiration time, the system deletes the service account.
PrerequisitesYour RDS PostgreSQL instance is equipped with standard SSDs or enhanced SSDs (ESSDs).
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- Click the Service Account Permissions tab, find the permissions you want to grant to the service account, and click the slider in the Permission Status column.
- For problems related to IP address whitelists or database parameters, you can grant only the Configuration Permission to the service account.
- For database performance deterioration caused by application defects, you must grant the Data Permission to the service account.
- In the dialog box that appears, specify an expiration time and click OK.
Revoke the permissions or change the expiration time of the service account
After you grant permissions to the service account, you can revoke the permissions or change the account expiration time on the Service Account Permissions tab in the ApsaraDB for RDS console.