This topic describes how to switch to a new VSwitch for an RDS PostgreSQL instance equipped with standard SSDs or enhanced SSDs (ESSDs).
- While you switch to a new VSwitch, there is a 30-second brief disconnection. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to the RDS instance after disconnection.
- After you switch to a new VSwitch, the virtual IP addresses (VIPs) of the RDS instance change. Therefore, we recommend that you use an endpoint of the RDS instance to establish a connection with your application.
- The VIP changes interrupt connections with Alibaba Cloud Data Management Service (DMS) and Data Transmission Service (DTS). The connections with DMS and DTS can be automatically restored to normal.
- If the client locally caches data, you may only be able to read data. We recommend that you clear the cache immediately after the RDS instance is switched to a new VPC and VSwitch.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- In the upper-right corner, click Switch VSwitch.
- Select a VSwitch, and click OK.
Note If you want to create a VSwitch, click go to the VPC console.
- In the message that appears, click Switch.
How do I change the VPC of an RDS PostgreSQL instance if that instance does not allow me to switch to a new VPC and VSwitch?
Purchase a new instance with the target VPC selected. Then, migrate the data of the original instance to the new instance. For more information, see Migrate data between ApsaraDB for RDS instances.