This topic describes how to collect metadata and view table information in Data Map.
- In the DataWorks console, click the DataWorks icon in the upper-left corner and choose .
- On the page that appears, click Data Discovery in the top navigation bar.
- On the EMR Metadata Get page, click New Get in the upper-left corner.
- In the Obtain E-MapReduce Metadata dialog box that appears, select a compute engine instance and click Authorize to go to the E-MapReduce console. The Metadata tab of the compute engine instance appears.
- Click Enable next to Metadata Retrieval.
- In the Confirm Operation dialog box that appears, click OK.
- Return to the EMR Metadata Get page in Data Map. In the Obtain E-MapReduce Metadata dialog box, click Refresh.
- After the authorization status changes to Authorized, click Commit.
- On the EMR Metadata Get page, click Obtain All in the Actions column of the created E-MapReduce data collection instance.
Click Refresh in the upper-right corner of the page and verify that the status of the E-MapReduce data collection instance changes to Collected successfully.
View table information
- In the top navigation bar, click All Data. On the page that appears, click the EMR Table tab.
- On the EMR Table tab, click the rpt_user_info_d table to go to the details tab of the table.
You can also enter a keyword in the search box at the top to search for the table by name.
- Click the Lineage tab to view the lineages of the table.
What to do next
Now, you have learned how to collect metadata and view table information in Data Map. You can proceed with the next tutorial to learn how to configure a quality monitoring rule for a developed node to guarantee the quality of the data generated by the node. For more information, see Monitor data quality.