If an instance is released due to overdue payments, your business will become unavailable. To avoid this issue, you must renew the instance in a timely manner.
- The instance that you want to renew has expired or is in the running state.
- The billing method of the instance is subscription.
Note The renewal operation applies only to subscription instances. For existing pay-as-you-go instances, you need only to keep the account balance sufficient. Message Queue for RabbitMQ no longer supports new pay-as-you-go instances.
- The resources and data of an expired instance are retained and can be recovered after you renew the instance.
- The resources and data of a released or deleted instance are not retained and cannot be recovered.
- Log on to the Message Queue for RabbitMQ console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your instance resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- Find the instance that you want to renew and click Renew to the right of the instance.
- On the Renew page, select a subscription duration, read and select Message Queue for RabbitMQ (Subscription) Terms of Service, and then click Buy Now.Note If you do not renew an instance in a timely manner and the payment for the instance is overdue, the instance becomes unavailable after it expires. To avoid this issue, we recommend that you select auto renewal when you create an instance.
- On the Purchase page, click Purchase.