If an instance is released due to overdue payments, the service becomes unavailable and your business is affected. To avoid this issue, you must renew the instance at the earliest opportunity. This topic shows you how to renew an instance in the Message Queue for RabbitMQ console.
- The instance that you want to renew has expired or is in the Running state.
- The billing method of the instance is subscription.
Note The renewal operation applies only to subscription instances. For existing pay-as-you-go instances, you need only to keep the account balance sufficient. Message Queue for RabbitMQ no longer supports new pay-as-you-go instances.
- The resources and data of an expired instance are retained and can be restored after you renew the instance.
- The resources and data of a released or deleted instance are not retained and cannot be restored.
- Log on to the Message Queue for RabbitMQ console.
- In the Resource Distribution section of the Overview page, select the region where your instance is located.
- On the Instances page, click the name of your instance.
- On the Instance Details page, click Renew in the upper-right corner of the Overview section.
- In the Renew panel, renew the instance. Renew the instance by using one of the following methods:
Note If you do not renew an instance at the earliest opportunity and the payment for the instance is overdue, the instance becomes unavailable after it expires. To avoid this issue, we recommend that you select auto-renewal when you create an instance.
- Select a subscription duration, read and select Message Queue for RabbitMQ Subscription Terms of Service, and then click Buy Now.
- In the Unpaid Orders panel, confirm the order information and click Purchase.
- Click Go to Buy Page. On the Renew page, select a subscription duration, read and select Message Queue RabbitMQ Subscription Terms of Service, and then click Buy Now.
- On the Purchase page, confirm the order information and click Purchase.