If your business requirements fluctuate, we recommend that you enable auto scaling for your E-MapReduce (EMR) cluster and configure auto scaling rules to increase or decrease task nodes based on your business requirements.
An EMR Hadoop cluster is created. For more information, see Create a cluster.
- Go to the Cluster Overview page.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud EMR console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- Click the Cluster Management tab.
- On the Cluster Management page, find your cluster and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Auto Scaling Settings page, click Create Auto Scaling Machine Group.
- In the Create Task Machine Group dialog box, specify Node Group Name. Configure the other parameters based on the specifications of the auto scaling nodes that you want to use. You can modify the configurations after you create the auto scaling machine group.
- Read the terms of service and select E-MapReduce Service Terms.
- Click Create Node Group. After auto scaling is configured and triggered due to business fluctuations, you can view the scaling history and the results of each auto scaling activity on the History page. For more information, see View auto scaling history.