This topic describes the comparison results of the online transaction processing (OLTP) performance between PolarDB for MySQL and ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL in the same scenarios.
- PolarDB for MySQL adopts leading hardware technologies, including the Optane solid-state drive (SSD) of the 3D XPoint storage medium, NVMe SSDs, and RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE).
- PolarDB for MySQL implements a set of I/O and network protocol stacks that run in user mode based on new hardware. This improves performance and reduces latency.
- The items, such as locks, I/O paths, and large tables, are optimized at the kernel layer. This improves performance in concurrency scenarios.
- Dedicated PolarDB for MySQL clusters of Cluster Edition in different specifications.
- Dedicated ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instances of High-availability Edition in different specifications (with local SSDs).