This topic describes how to create a cluster in the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse console.
A virtual private cloud (VPC) and a vSwitch are created.
To create a VPC or vSwitch for the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster that you want to create, go to the VPC console.
- Use an Alibaba Cloud account to log on to the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse console.
- On the Clusters page, click Create Cluster.
- Select a billing method.
- Pay-as-you-go: You are charged for your resource usage on an hourly basis. We recommend that you select this billing method for short-term requirements. You can release a pay-as-you-go cluster when you no longer use the cluster to save costs.
- Subscription: You must pay an upfront subscription fee when you create the cluster. This billing method is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method. We recommend that you select this billing method for long-term requirements. You can receive more discounts for longer subscription periods.
- Configure parameters as prompted.
The following table describes the parameter configurations.
Parameter Description Region The region where you want to deploy the cluster. The region where the cluster is deployed cannot be changed after the cluster is created. To maximize access speeds, we recommend that you select a region geographically closest to your business. Zone The zone where you want to deploy the cluster. A zone is an independent physical location within a region. No substantial differences exist between different zones within the same region. Edition The edition of the cluster. When one replica of a shard in a master-replica cluster fails, the other replica can still provide services. When the replica of a shard in a standalone cluster fails, the whole cluster becomes unavailable. Version The version number that corresponds to the version number released by the open source community. Network Type The network type of the cluster. Only Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is available. A VPC is an isolated network environment that provides enhanced security. Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) The ID of the VPC. VSwitch The vSwitch in the specified VPC. To create a master-replica cluster, you must prepare two IP addresses for each node. To create a standalone cluster, you must prepare one IP address for each node. Specifications The specifications of CPU and memory. Nodes The number of nodes. By default, a master-replica cluster uses two replicas, and a standalone cluster uses one replica. Storage Type The storage type. Enhanced SSDs (ESSDs) and ultra disks are supported. ESSDs outperform ultra disks in the read and write performance, whereas ultra disks are more cost-effective. Storage Space The storage space of a node.
- Set the Duration parameter if you create a subscription cluster, and click Buy Now in the lower-right corner of the page.
Note Click Auto-renewal to enable the auto-renewal feature for the subscription cluster.
- On the Confirm Order page, read and select I have read and agree to Subscription Agreement of Service. Complete the payment as prompted.