Log Service provides the Cost Manager application. If you activate the application, bills are automatically imported to the application. You can also view the analysis reports of the bills in the application. This improves your efficiency of bill analysis.
- Near real-time bill collection: Bills are uploaded to Log Service within one hour after they are generated.
- Custom reports: Basic bill analysis scenarios are provided and automatic reporting is supported.
- Interactive analysis: You can enter query statements to analyze bills. The query results are returned in seconds. You can save the query statements as charts to custom reports.
- Visualized results: You can select a type of chart to display query results. This makes your query results easier to comprehend.
- Machine learning algorithms: Billing trends are forecasted and abnormal bills are identified.
- Custom alerts: You can customize alerts to monitor bills in real time.
- Free storage and analysis: Bill storage and analysis are provided free of charge.
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- In the Log Application section, click Start on the Cost Manager card.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Settings under Cost Manager.
- Configure bill imports.
In the Import Bills step, complete the following settings:
- Import Alibaba Cloud Bills: If you select this option, bills of all Alibaba Cloud services of the current account are imported to Log Service.
- First Import of History Bills: Select the required time range of history bills when you import the bills for the first time.
- Access to Bills: If the current account is not authorized to access bills, authorize the account as prompted.
- Configure report subscription.
In the Subscribe to Reports step, complete the following settings:
- Frequency: Set the frequency at which subscribed reports are sent.
- Add Watermark: If you turn on this switch, bills are watermarked to prevent the leakage of sensitive data.
- Notifications: You can select Email or WebHook-DingTalk Bot from the Notifications drop-down list to send subscribed reports. For information about the request URL of the DingTalk bot, see WebHook-DingTalk Bot.
- Optional:Configure alerts.
You can set different alert conditions for different cloud services. When a bill meets the conditions of an alert, the alert is triggered to notify you of the bill details.
- Click Add Alert.
- Set alert conditions.
Configure Select Product, Bill Type, Relationship, Value Type, and Value parameters based on your business requirements.Note You can click Add Alert multiple times to configure multiple alerts.
- Select a notification method.
For more information, see Configure the alert notification method.
- Click Create/Modify Alerts.
Cost Manager description
After you import bills, you can click Introduction to view the introduction of the Cost Manager application. The introduction includes the description of the Cost Manager application, usage guide of bills, limits, and bill fields.
On the Custom Analysis page, you can search and analyze imported bills, configure query statements as saved searches, save query results as charts on dashboards, and configure alerts.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Custom Analysis under Cost Manager.
- On the Custom Analysis page, enter a query statement in the search box, and then click Search & Analyze.
For more information, see Overview.
Billing summary and forecast
The Cost Manager application provides a built-in billing summary report. The report shows the fees that have incurred in the current month and the last three months. You can use these reports to forecast billing trends and plan your budgets. The report provides the features of a dashboard. For more information, see Dashboard overview.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Summary under Cost Manager.
- On the Bill Summary & Forecast page, view the billing summary report and forecast.
The Cost Manager application provides a built-in billing detail report. The report shows the billing details and trends of each service, including abnormal bills. For more information, see Dashboard overview.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Details under Cost Manager.
- On the Details page, view the billing details of each service.
The Cost Manager application provides a built-in billing optimization report. The report shows how much you can save if you change the billing method of a service from pay-as-you-go to subscription.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Optimization under Cost Manager.
- On the Optimization page, view the billing optimization suggestions.