OSS transfer acceleration uses data centers distributed around the globe to implement transfer acceleration. When a data transfer request is sent, it is resolved and routed over an optimal network path and protocol to the data center where your bucket is deployed.This way, transfer acceleration provides an end-to-end acceleration solution for uploads and downloads of cloud storage from the Internet. This topic describes how to implement OSS transfer acceleration based on a custom domain name.
- Global accelerate endpoint: The format is
BucketName.oss-accelerate.aliyuncs.com. Transfer acceleration access points are distributed across the world. You can use this endpoint to accelerate access to buckets all over the world.
- Accelerate endpoint outside mainland China: The format is BucketName.oss-accelerate-overseas.aliyuncs.com. Transfer acceleration access points are distributed across the world except mainland China. Users outside mainland China can use this domain name to accelerate access to buckets outside mainland China.
If you want to use a custom domain name to access the bucket to accelerate access, you must bind the custom domain name to the required bucket and add a CNAME record that points to the transfer acceleration domain name.
- Bind a custom domain name to a bucket.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Buckets. On the Buckets page, click the name of the bucket to which you want to bind the custom domain name.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Click Bind Custom Domain Name. In the Bind Custom Domain Name panel, enter your domain name in the Custom Domain Name section.Ensure that Add CNAME Record Automatically is turned off.
If a domain name conflict message appears, the domain name is already bound to another bucket. To resolve this issue, you can use another domain name or verify the ownership of the domain name and forcibly bind the domain name to the bucket. This operation unbinds the domain name from the previous bucket. For more information, see Verify the ownership of a domain name.
- Click Submit.
- Add a CNAME recordAdd a CNAME record at your domain name provider. The following steps show how to add a CNAME record for an Alibaba Cloud domain name:
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
- On the Manage DNS page, click Configure in the Actions column corresponding to the domain name to which you want to add a CNAME record.
- On the DNS Settings page, click Add Record. In the Add Record dialog box, configure parameters listed in the following table.
Parameter Description Type Select the type of the record. In this example, select CNAME. Host Enter the host record based on the prefix of the domain name.
- To add a top-level domain such as
aliyun.com, enter @.
- To add a second-level domain, enter the prefix of the second-level domain name. Example:
If the domain is
abc.aliyun.com, enter abc.
- To map all second-level domains to the public endpoint of the bucket, enter *.
ISP Line Select the ISP line used to resolve the domain name. We recommend that you select Default to allow the system to select the optimal line. Value Enter the OSS accelerate endpoint. Enter the global domain name or accelerate endpoint outside mainland China based on your scenario. TTL Select the update interval of the record. In this example, use the default value.
- To add a top-level domain such as
- Click OK.
Verify whether the configurations take effect
- In Windows:
Open the cmd.exe program. Run the nslookup command to resolve your custom domain name. If the request is redirected to the accelerate endpoint, the CNAME is in effect.
- In Linux:
Run the dig command to resolve your custom domain name. If the request is redirected to the accelerate endpoint, the CNAME is in effect.