This topic describes how to disable slow query log for a destination ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance to improve the performance of data migration. We recommend that you disable slow query log if the instance has a low specification (less than two CPU cores) and you want to migrate a large volume of data.
When migrating data to the destination ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance, DTS generates a large number of log entries in the instance. The log collection program of the instance scans and queries slow log tables. This increases the CPU load of the instance and compromises the performance of data migration.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the instance resides.
- Find the instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Parameters.
- Find the slow_query_log parameter, click the edit icon, set the parameter value to OFF, and then click Confirm.
Note After the data migration task is completed, you can set the value of the Slow_query_log parameter to ON.