You can use the downgrade feature to change the billing method of a disk from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- The billing method of a subscription disk can be changed to pay-as-you-go only when it is used as a data disk.
- The subscription instance to which the subscription disk is attached is in the Running or Stopped state.
The downgrade feature has the following limits:
- Whether this feature is supported depends on your ECS usage.
- The configurations of only one subscription instance can be downgraded at a time.
- The interval between two consecutive downgrade operations must be at least 5 minutes.
A configuration downgrade may result in a refund. The refund amount is the calculation result of the following formula: Refund amount = Price of the new configurations - Remaining amount of the purchase price before the downgrade.
Note A maximum of three refunds can be made for each instance, including refunds incurred when you downgrade the instance type, downgrade the public bandwidth, or convert subscription disks to pay-as-you-go disks.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target instance and click Upgrade/Downgrade in the Actions column.
- In the Upgrade/Downgrade Wizard dialog box, choose Continue., and click
- Select a disk and confirm the refund amount.
- Select ECS Service Terms and click Downgrade Now.