This topic describes how to use Yonghong BI to connect to an AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster and analyze data in real time.
- MySQL Connector/J is installed.
- Yonghong BI is installed.
- A public endpoint is applied for if you need to use a public endpoint to connect to AnalyticDB for MySQL clusters. For more information, see Apply for or release a public endpoint.
Use Yonghong BI to connect to AnalyticDB for MySQL
- Start Yonghong BI.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Create Connection.
- On the page that appears, select AnalyticDB.
- On the Database dialog box that appears, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Select Connection Select ADS. Driver The type of the driver. Select
com.mysql.jdbc.Driverfrom the drop-down list.
URL The connection string of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster to which you want to connect. The format is
- hostname: the public or VPC endpoint of the cluster. You can view the endpoint on the Cluster Information page of the AnalyticDB for MySQL console.
- port: the port number of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster endpoint. The default port number is 3306.
- dbname: the name of the database in the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster.
User The account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. You can use one of the following account types:
- Privileged account
- Standard account
Password The password of the account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL database. Database The name of the database in the destination AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster.
- After you configure the preceding parameters, click Test Connection to test connection connectivity. After the connection passes the test, Yonghong BI is connected to the AnalyticDB for MySQL database.
Use Yonghong BI
After Yonghong BI is connected to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster, you can obtain data from the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster and use Yonghong BI to generate reports. For more information about how to use Yonghong BI, visit the Yonghong BI documentation.