This topic describes the advantages of the asset discovery feature provided by Cloud Security Scanner.
- You can use this feature to perform the following operations:
- Discover all assets that are open to the Internet, detect all subdomains and web server IP addresses under a root domain, and provide detailed asset fingerprint information, such as the middleware, applications, operating systems, ports, and services.
- Detect the IP address of a domain by subdomain and provide the asset fingerprint information about this domain.
- Detect a domain by IP address and provide the asset fingerprint information about this domain.
- This feature allows you to create an asset discovery task based on multiple root domains.
To create a task, perform the following operations:
- On the Assets Management page, click Add Asset in the upper-right corner. In the Add Asset pane, enter multiple root domains in the Asset field, specify Asset Tag, and click Add.
- Find the added asset and click Scan in the Actions column. In the Create Scan Task pane, specify Task Name, Schedule Strategy, Effective Period, and Scan Type, select a created asset tag from the Scan Target drop-down list, and click Create.