This topic describes how to configure an Oracle connection in DataWorks.
- Log on to the DataWorks console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces. On the page that appears, click Data Integration in the Actions column corresponding to the target workspace.
- On the Data Integration page that appears, click Connection in the left-side navigation pane. On the page that appears, click Add a Connection.
- In the Add Connection dialog box that appears, click Oracle.
- In the Add Oracle Connection dialog box that appears, configure the parameters as prompted.
Parameter Description Connection Name The name of the connection. The name can contain letters, digits, and underscores (_). It cannot start with a digit or underscore (_). Description The description of the connection. The description can be up to 80 characters in length. Environment The environment in which the connection is used. Valid values: Development and Production. JDBC URL The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) URL of the database, which is in the
Username and Password The username and password used to connect to the database.
- After you configure the preceding parameters, click Complete.
Description of connectivity test
- If the user-created data source is hosted on an ECS instance in the classic network, network connectivity is not guaranteed when nodes are deployed in the default resource group. We recommend that you use custom resource groups.
- Connectivity testing is not supported for data sources in VPCs. You can click Complete without testing the connectivity.