This topic describes how to use an SFTP client tool on your computer to log on to a bastion host and access a host for which you want to perform O&M operations. In this example, SecureFX is used.
- An O&M tool that supports SFTP, such as SecureFX, is installed on your computer.
Bastionhost O&M addresses are obtained. You can obtain these addresses in the O&M Portals section on the Overview page of Bastionhost. For more information, see Log on to Bastionhost.
- Start the SecureFX tool.
- Click Connect in the upper-left corner. In the Connect dialog box, click the icon.
- In the Session Options - New dialog box, enter the O&M portal of the bastion host
in the Hostname field, the default port number 60022, and a username used to access
the bastion host. Then, click OK.
- Select the created bastion host and click Connect.
- In the Enter Secure Shell Password dialog box, enter the username and password of
a RAM user and click OK.
- Optional:If multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled for a RAM user, enter the verification
code that you obtained from the bound MFA device (the Alibaba Cloud app) in the two-step
verification dialog box and click OK.
- After you log on to the bastion host, double-click the host for which you want to
perform O&M operations to access the host directory and transfer files.
Note If you cannot access the host directory, use one of the following methods to resolve the issue:
- Check whether the username and password of the host are managed in Bastionhost. If the username and password of the host are not configured in Bastionhost, configure the username and password of the host. For more information, see Create an account for hosts.
- Check whether the name of the host directory is garbled. If the name of the host directory is garbled, you can double-click a transcoding directory and ignore the error message. Then, you can right-click the blank space and select Refresh to transcode the garbled directory name.
- Clear the cache on SecureFX.
If none of the preceding methods resolve your issue, submit a submit a ticket.