After you use Sec-Traffic Manager to create a scheduling rule for a domain name, you must change the CNAME record of the domain name to redirect traffic to Sec-Traffic Manager. The rule takes effect only after you change the CNAME record. This topic describes how to change the CNAME record of a domain name to redirect traffic to Sec-Traffic Manager. In this example, the DNS resolution service is provided by Alibaba Cloud DNS.
In the following example, your domain name is hosted on Alibaba Cloud DNS.
If you use a third-party DNS service, log on to the system of the DNS provider to change the DNS records. The following example is only for reference.
Assume that the domain name that is specified in the scheduling rule is
bgp.ddostest.com. The following procedure describes how to change and add DNS records in the Alibaba
Cloud DNS console.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
- On the Manage DNS page, find the domain name
ddostest.comand click Configure in the Actions column.
- On the DNS Settings page, find the A or CNAME record whose Host is bgp and click Edit in the Actions column.Note If you cannot find the DNS record that you want to manage in the list, you can click Add Record to add the record.
- In the Edit Record or Add Record panel, set the Type parameter to CNAME and the Value parameter to the CNAME that is assigned by Sec-Traffic Manager.To query the CNAME, log on to the Anti-DDoS Pro console and choose .
- Click Confirm and wait for the settings to take effect.
- Check whether the website is accessible.If an exception occurs during website access, see How do I handle the issues of slow response, high latency, and access failure on websites that are protected by an Anti-DDoS Pro or Anti-DDoS Premium instance?.