Tableau is an interactive data visualization and analytics tool. This topic describes how to configure the MaxCompute JDBC driver on Tableau to visualize MaxCompute data.
- Place the downloaded JAR package of the MaxCompute JDBC driverin the target directory.
- For Windows, place the package in C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers.
- For macOS, place the package in ~/Library/Tableau/Drivers.
- For Linux, place the package in /opt/tableau/tableau_driver/jdbc.
- Run Tableau DeskTop.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Alibaba MaxCompute in the To a Server section. If you cannot see Alibaba MaxCompute in the To Servers section, click and select Alibaba MaxCompute.
- In the New Connection dialog box, set the parameters.
Parameter Description Server The information about the server. This value must be in the <MaxCompute_Endpoint>? project=<MaxCompute_Project_Name> format, where:
- <MaxCompute_Endpoint>: the MaxCompute endpoint of your region. For more information, see Configure endpoints.
- <MaxCompute_Project_Name>: the name of your MaxCompute project.
Username The AccessKey ID of the account that has access to the project. Password The AccessKey secret of the account that has access to the project.Note Tableau Desktop 2019.4 does not support an AccessKey secret that ends with an equal sign (=). If your AccessKey secret contains an equal sign (=), we recommend that you generate a new AccessKey ID and AccessKey secret to avoid this issue.
- Click Log On to open a Tableau workbook.