An address book is a collection of IP addresses, ports, or domain names. You can configure address books in the Cloud Firewall console to simplify the configuration of access control policies. You can add trusted or untrusted addresses to the same address book. This topic describes how to add, view, and modify an address book.
Cloud Firewall synchronizes malicious IP addresses and domain names detected across Alibaba Cloud to cloud address books. It also adds the back-to-origin addresses of Anti-DDoS and WAF instances under your Alibaba Cloud account to cloud address books. You can configure fine-grained access control policies for these cloud address books.
- Allow traffic of IP addresses and domain names in trusted address books.
- Deny traffic of IP addresses and domain names in untrusted address books.
- One IP address or port number can be added to multiple address books.
- Cloud Firewall provides default global address books that you cannot modify or delete.
- You cannot modify or delete cloud address books.
- If you change the IP addresses, domain names, or ports in an address book, the changes are automatically updated in the policies that reference this address book.
- Log on to the Cloud Firewall console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the upper-right corner of the Internet Firewall tab, click Address Books.
- In the dialog box that appears, manage address books.
You can perform the following operations:
- Add an address book.
You can add both trusted and untrusted address books based on the access control policies you want to configure. Cloud Firewall allows you to add IP, port, and domain name address books. For more information, see Add an address book.
- Modify an address book.
On the IP Address Books, Port Address Books, or Domain Address Books tab, find the target address book. Click Modify in the Actions column to modify the address book.Note You cannot change the type or name of an address book.
- View cloud address books.
On the Cloud Address Books tab, view the names, types, IP addresses (domain names) and their quantity, numbers of references, and descriptions of cloud address books.
Click View in the Actions column to view the configuration of a cloud address book.
- Delete an address book.
On the IP Address Books, Port Address Books, or Domain Address Books tab, find the target address book. Click Delete in the Actions column. In the dialog box that appears, and click OK.Note You cannot delete an address book that is being referenced by access control policies.
- Add an address book.
Add an address book
- In the upper-right corner of the IP Address Books, Port Address Books, or Domain Address Books tab, click Create Address Book.
- In the Create Address Book, Create Port Address Book, or Create Domain Address Book dialog box, configure the following parameters.
- IP address book
- Port address book
- Domain address book
Type Parameter Description IP address book Address Book Type Select the type of the IP address book, which can be the following:
- IP Addresses
- ECS Tags
IP Address Enter one or more CIDR blocks.Note Separate CIDR blocks with commas (,). This parameter is available when you set Address Book Type to IP Addresses. Add ECS of Specified Tags Automatically add ECS instances that have specific tags to this address book. This function is enabled automatically and cannot be disabled.Note This parameter is available when you set Address Book Type to ECS Tags. ECS Tags Select ECS tags created under your Alibaba Cloud account. Cloud Firewall automatically adds public IP addresses of ECS instances that have the tags you specify to an address book.
Click Add Tag to specify more ECS tags.
After you select an ECS tag, information about the ECS instance is displayed under ECS Tags, including the VPC name and IP address.
Port address book Ports Enter one or more port ranges and separate them with commas (,). Domain address book Domain Enter one or more domain names and separate them with commas (,). Each domain name must be unique. Common parameters Address Book Name Enter a name for the address book. You can use the name to identify the address book. Description Enter an application scenario for the address book.
- Click Submit.
The new address book is displayed in the list. You can view its name, number of references, and description, and delete or modify it.