This topic describes how to configure IP address whitelists to authorize access to MaxCompute projects over the classic network or a virtual private cloud (VPC). Only the project owner and the Super_Administrator role have the permissions to perform this operation.
- The MaxCompute client is installed. For more information, see Install and configure the MaxCompute client.
- The following information is obtained:
- IP address whitelist for the classic network
You must add the IP addresses of all the devices that are used to access MaxCompute projects to the whitelist. Then, you can access the projects from these devices.
- If you use the MaxCompute client to access a project, obtain the IP address of the device on which the MaxCompute client is deployed.
- If you use an application system to access a project, obtain the IP address of the server on which the application system is deployed.
- If you use DataWorks to submit MaxCompute jobs, you do not need to obtain the IP address of the device where DataWorks is deployed. By default, the IP address is in the whitelist.
- If you use a proxy server to access a project, obtain the IP address of the server. If you use multi-hop proxy servers to access a project, obtain the IP address of the last-hop proxy server.
- If you access MaxCompute from an ECS instance, obtain the network address translation (NAT) IP address. For more information about NAT IP addresses, see Elastic IP Addresses.
- Region ID, VPC ID, and IP address whitelist for a VPC
For more information about region IDs and VPC IDs, see Obtain the region ID and VPC ID of a VPC. You must add the internal IP addresses of devices in the VPC to the whitelist so that these devices can be used to access MaxCompute projects.
- IP address whitelist for the classic network
Multiple levels of access control, such as the multi-tenant model and security authentication mechanism, are used to ensure secure access to MaxCompute. Only after you obtain an authorized AccessKey pair, you can pass the authentication, and then access and compute data based on the granted permissions.
MaxCompute also allows you to configure an IP address whitelist to control access requests. After a whitelist is configured, only the IP addresses in the whitelist are authorized to access MaxCompute projects. If you access MaxCompute projects from an IP address that is not in the whitelist, your access request is denied even if you have a valid AccessKey pair.
The odps.security.ip.whitelist parameter specifies the IP address whitelist for the classic network. The odps.security.vpc.whitelist parameter specifies the IP address whitelist for a VPC.
- IPv4 or IPv6 addresses. Example: 192.168.0.0 or 2001:db8::.
- IP addresses with subnet masks. Example: 22.214.171.124/16 or 2001:db8::/32.
- CIDR blocks. Example: 192.168.10.0-192.168.255.255 or 2001:db8:1:1:1:1:1:1-2001:db8:4:4:4:4:4:4.
Configure an IP address whitelist
- If you configure an IP address whitelist only for the classic network, access requests
over the classic network are limited, and access requests over a VPC are denied. Configuration
setproject odps.security.ip.whitelist=192.168.0.0 odps.security.vpc.whitelist=\N;When you configure an IP address whitelist for the classic network, add the IP address of the device on which the MaxCompute client is installed to the whitelist. Otherwise, your access requests are denied.
- If you configure an IP address whitelist only for a VPC, access requests over the
VPC are limited, and access requests over the classic network are denied. Configuration
setproject odps.security.ip.whitelist=\N odps.security.vpc.whitelist=cn-beijing_125179[192.168.0.10,192.168.0.20];
- If you configure IP address whitelists for both the classic network and a VPC, access
requests over the classic network and VPC are limited. Configuration command:
setproject odps.security.ip.whitelist=192.168.0.0 odps.security.vpc.whitelist=cn-beijing_125179[192.168.0.10,192.168.0.20];
- An IP address whitelist takes effect 5 minutes after it is configured.
- If your access requests are denied due to misoperations, submit a ticket to Alibaba Cloud for technical support.
View an IP address whitelist
setproject;command to view IP address whitelists. The values of the
odps.security.vpc.whitelistparameters indicate the IP addresses in the whitelists. If the
odps.security.vpc.whitelistparameter is left empty, the whitelist that corresponds to the empty parameter is not configured.
The following information is returned:
Modify an IP address whitelist
setprojectcommand to modify an IP address whitelist. After the whitelist is modified, the original IP address whitelist becomes invalid. The system controls access requests based on the new IP address whitelist.
- Modify the configuration of an IP address whitelist for the classic network.
- Modify the configuration of an IP address whitelist for a VPC.
Disable the IP address whitelist feature
setproject odps.security.ip.whitelist= odps.security.vpc.whitelist= ;
Obtain the region ID and VPC ID of a VPC
The following table lists the region IDs of VPCs.
|China (Hong Kong)||cn-hongkong|
|Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)||ap-southeast-3|
|US (Silicon Valley)||us-west-1|
- If this is your first time to configure an IP address whitelist for a VPC, log on
to the MaxCompute client and run the following command to obtain the VPC ID:
The following information is returned:Note This command can be used only if the version of the MaxCompute client is V0.31.2 or later.
- If you want to add an IP address to an established whitelist for a VPC, obtain the region ID from the error message returned when you use the IP address to access MaxCompute for the first time. The error message is returned because the new IP address is not authorized.