This topic describes how to upgrade an ApsaraDB RDS instance that runs MySQL 5.7 from the Basic Edition to the High-availability Edition. The upgrade increases the reliability of your database service.
The High-availability Edition is a popular edition. It provides a secondary instance for your RDS instance as a hot standby. These instances work in the high-availability architecture. This edition is suitable for more than 80% of the actual business scenarios, such as the Internet, Internet of Things (IoT), online retail, logistics, and gaming.
For more information, see High-availability Edition.
For more information about the upgrade fee, see Specification change fees.
- The upgrade may trigger a data migration. Wait until the migration is complete. After the migration is complete, ApsaraDB RDS switches your workloads over to the High-availability Edition at the specified switching time. During the switchover, a transient connection error of about 30 seconds occurs. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to your RDS instance.
- After the upgrade is complete, you cannot downgrade your RDS instance to the Basic Edition.
Your RDS instance runs MySQL 5.7 on RDS Basic Edition.
- In the Configuration Information section of the Basic Information page, click Change Specifications.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Upgrade and click Next. This step is required only when your RDS instance uses the subscription billing method.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Edition Select High-availability. Storage Type Select Local SSD. Instance Type Select an instance type. Each instance type supports a specific number of CPU cores, memory capacity, maximum number of connections, and maximum input/output operations per second (IOPS). For more information, see Primary instance types. Capacity Specify the storage capacity. The storage capacity can only be increased but cannot be decreased. Switching Time Specify the time when you want to switch your workloads over to the High-availability Edition. Valid values:
- Switch Immediately After Data Migration
- Switch Within Maintenance Window
- Read and select Terms of Service, click Pay Now, and then complete the payment.
|Change instance configuration||Changes the specifications of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|