This topic describes how to upgrade the RDS edition of an ApsaraDB RDS instance that runs MySQL 5.7 from the Basic Edition to the High-availability Edition. The upgrade increases the reliability of your database service.
In the High-availability Edition, your database system consists of a primary RDS instance and a secondary RDS instance. These instances work in a high availability architecture. The High-availability Edition is suitable for more than 80% of business scenarios. For more information, see High-availability Edition.
For more information about the upgrade fees, see Specification change fees.
- The upgrade can trigger a data migration, which may require a few minutes. After the migration is complete, a switchover of your workloads is triggered at the switching time that you specify. During the switchover, you may experience a transient connection of about 30 seconds. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to your RDS instance.
- After the upgrade is complete, you cannot downgrade the RDS edition of your RDS instance to the Basic Edition.
- Your RDS instance runs MySQL 5.7 on RDS Basic Edition.
- Your RDS instance is equipped with standard SSDs.
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the Configuration Information section of the Basic Information page, click Change Specifications.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Upgrade and click Next step. This step is required only for subscription RDS instances.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Edition Select High-availability. Storage Type Select Local SSD. Instance Type Specify the instance type of your RDS instance. Each instance type supports a specific number of cores, memory, maximum number of connections, and maximum input/output operations per second (IOPS). For more information, see Primary instance types. Capacity Specify the storage capacity of your RDS instance. The storage capacity can only be increased but cannot be decreased. Switching Time Specify the time when a switchover of your workloads is triggered. Valid values:
- Switch Immediately After Data Migration
- Switch Within Maintenance Window
- Read and select Terms of Service, click Pay Now, and then complete the payment.
|Change instance configuration||Changes the specifications of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|