After an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance is created, you can modify its name, hostname, and description. If the instance is a pay-as-you-go instance, you can enable or disable release protection for the instance.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the instance whose properties you want to modify and choose Actions column. in the
- Modify the properties of the instance.
- Click OK.
- If the hostname of the instance is modified, restart the instance for the new hostname
to take effect.
Notice To restart an ECS instance, you must use the ECS console or call the RebootInstance operation. You cannot restart an instance from within the operating system.