After an instance is created, you can modify its name, hostname, and description. If the instance is a pay-as-you-go instance, you can also enable or disable release protection for the instance.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target instance, and choose Actions column. in the
- Modify the properties of the instance.
- Click OK.
- If the hostname of the instance is modified, restart the instance for the new hostname
to take effect.
Notice You must restart an ECS instance in the ECS console or by calling the RebootInstance API operation. Restarting the operating system of the ECS instance will not work.