Before data analysis, you must create a workbook to store the data to be analyzed. This topic describes how to create, view, and manage a workbook.
Create a workbook
- Go to the DataStudio page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target workspace resides. Find the target workspace and click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- On the DataStudio page, click the icon in the upper-left corner and choose .
- On the DataAnalysis homepage, click Experience Now. The Web Excel page appears.
- On the Web Excel page, click the icon in the New Spreadsheet section.
If you have templates under your account, you can click a template to create a workbook based on the template. To view all templates under your account, click More Templates in the upper-right corner of the New Spreadsheet section. For more information about how to create and apply a template, see Manage a workbook template.
- In the New spreadsheet dialog box, enter a name in the File Name field.
- Click OK to go to the workbook editing page. For more information, see Edit a workbook and analyze data.
View and manage a workbook
- On the workbook editing page, click Return in the upper-left corner or Web Excel in the top navigation bar to go to the Web Excel page.
- In the All Spreadsheets section of the Web Excel page, select I created or Share it with me from the drop-down list in the upper-right corner to view the workbooks in the corresponding category.
You can also share workbooks with specific users. For more information, see Share a workbook.
- Click the file name of a workbook to go to the workbook editing page.
On the Web Excel page, you can perform the following operations to manage a workbook:
- To rename a workbook, perform the following steps: Find the workbook and click Rename in the Operation column. In the Rename dialog box, enter the new name in the File Name field and click OK.
- To change the owner of a workbook, perform the following steps: Find the workbook and click Change Owner in the Operation column. In the Change Owner dialog box, select an owner from the New Owner drop-down list and click OK.
- To clone a workbook, perform the following steps: Find the workbook and click Clone in the Operation column. The cloned workbook appears in the workbook list. The name of the cloned workbook contains the _copy suffix.
- To delete a workbook, perform the following steps: Find the workbook and click Delete in the Operation column. In the Delete message, click OK.
What to do next
After you create a workbook, go to the workbook editing page and import data to the workbook. For more information, see Import data to a workbook.