This topic describes how to troubleshoot SDK issues. Issues may occur when you use an SDK to access GameShield.
A game calls the GetProxyTcpByDomain method to schedule available IP addresses through network security services and return these IP addresses to clients. These clients access IP address pools for different security networks based on different requested routes. These requests are then sent to origin servers.
Recommendations for debugging
You must list all request and response parameters for debugging. This facilitates troubleshooting. If some issues cannot be resolved, we recommend that you use the Wireshark tool to capture packets. You can submit abnormal packets that are detected by the tool to the GameShield team for further analysis of communication issues.
- Troubleshoot version-related issues.
You can troubleshoot version-related issues based on SDK error codes. Based on the instructions that are provided by error messages, you can change settings in the GameShield console or change parameters when calling methods.
- Confirm the status of origin servers.
You can confirm the status of origin servers by checking whether the IP address and port of an application server are accessible.
You can contact GameShield engineers for assistance to confirm the status of communication between the origin server and GameShield. The status indicates whether firewall policies on the origin server reject requests from back-to-origin IP addresses of GameShield. This method helps obtain a more accurate result than if you troubleshoot the issue by exploring online solutions.
- Check request parameters again.
You must check the IP address and port number by using an SDK. You must also check the target URL that is to be accessed. Check request parameters that are passed from GameShield. Use caution: Requests parameters are case-sensitive.
- Confirm the protocol.
- TCP: No specific action is required. In most cases, the returned IP address and port are accessible.
- HTTP or HTTPS: You may need to handle host match issues. We recommend that you seek further assistance by contacting the game administrator.
- WS or WSS: You may need to handle host match issues. We recommend that you seek further assistance by contacting the game administrator.