After you purchase a storage capacity unit (SCU) in a region, the SCU can be used to automatically offset bills of eligible pay-as-you-go storage resources within the region until the SCU expires. The amount of consumed resource storage capacity that exceeds the SCU capacity is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis.
The amount of storage capacity that an SCU can offset varies depending on the types of resources to which the SCU is applied. See the buy page for offset coefficients of different resource types.
If you have both resource plans of a specific resource and SCUs in the same account, the resource plans of the specified resource are offset first. For example, if your account has OSS resource plans and SCUs at the same time, the OSS resource plans are offset first.
- Disks: 2.5 TiB of PL3 ESSDs, 5 TiB of PL2 ESSDs, 10 TiB of PL1 ESSDs, 10 TiB of standard SSDs, 28 TiB of ultra disks, or 33 TiB of basic disks.
- Snapshots: 83 TiB of snapshots.
- NAS: 28 TiB of Capacity NAS or 5.4 TiB of Performance NAS.
- OSS: 83 TiB of Standard LRS.
- Offset methods for disks:
- Example 1: The SCU offsets the bills of 10 TiB of PL1 ESSDs.
- Example 2: The SCU offsets the bills of 5 TiB of PL1 ESSDs and 5 TiB of standard SSDs.
- Example 3: The SCU offsets the bills of 1 TiB of PL3 ESSDs, 2 TiB of PL2 ESSDs, and 2 TiB of PL1 ESSDs.
- Example 4: The SCU offsets the bills of 10 out of 12 TiB of standard SSDs, and the left 2 TiB is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Offset methods for combinations of multiple resources:
For example, the SCU offsets the bills of 2 TiB of PL1 ESSDs, 1 TiB of Performance NAS, 16 TiB of snapshots, and 33 TiB of OSS Standard.