This topic describes how to use Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) to recreate a stack.
You can choose to update a stack or recreate one based on your needs:
- To modify only the current template and configurations of a specified stack while leaving the region unchanged, you must update the stack. For more information, see Update a stack.
- To modify the current template and configurations of a specified stack and the region where the stack resides, you must recreate the stack.
- Log on to the ROS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stacks.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target stack resides from the drop-down list.
- On the Stacks page, find the stack you want to recreate, click the icon in the Actions column, and then select Recreate.
- Click Previous.
- In the Select Template step of the Recreate wizard, select an existing template or use a sample template, and then click Next.
- In the Configure Template Parameters step of the Recreate wizard, set Stack Name and Parameters, and click Next.
- In the Configure Stack step of the Recreate wizard, set Stack Policy, Rollback on Failure, Timeout Period, and Deletion Protection, and click Next.If the resource is not created or updated within the time limit specified by Timeout Period, the system determines that the operation fails. Based on the Rollback on Failure configuration, the system then determines whether to roll back to the status before the resource was created or updated.
- In the Check and Confirm step of the Recreate wizard, click Create.