This topic describes how to recreate a stack in the Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) console.
You can update or recreate a stack.
- To modify only the current template and configurations of a specified stack while leaving the region unchanged, you must update the stack. For more information, see Update a stack.
- To modify the current template and configurations of a specified stack and the region where the stack resides, you must recreate the stack.
- Log on to the ROS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stacks.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where your stack resides from the drop-down list.
- On the Stacks page, click the icon in the Actions column corresponding to the stack, and then select Recreate.
- Click Previous.
- In the Select Template step of the Recreate wizard, select an existing template or a sample template, and then click Next.
- In the Configure Template Parameters step of the Recreate wizard, set Stack Name and Parameters, and then click Next.
- In the Configure Stack step of the Recreate wizard, set Stack Policy, Rollback on Failure, Timeout Period, Deletion Protection, RAM Role, and Tags, and then click Next.
- If you do not set RAM Role, ROS uses the RAM role that you specified when you created the stack.
- If the resource is not created or updated within the time limit that is specified by Timeout Period, the system determines that the operation fails. Based on the Rollback on Failure configuration, the system then determines whether to roll back to the status before the resource was created or updated.
- In the Check and Confirm step of the Recreate wizard, click Create.