When you want to create a stack based on the template and parameters of an existing stack, you can clone the existing stack. This topic describes how to clone a stack in the Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) console.
|CREATE_COMPLETE||The stack is created.|
|UPDATE_COMPLETE||The stack is updated.|
|ROLLBACK_COMPLETE||The stack is rolled back.|
|IMPORT_CREATE_COMPLETE||The stack is created by importing resources.|
|IMPORT_UPDATE_COMPLETE||The stack is updated by importing resources.|
|IMPORT_UPDATE_ROLLBACK_COMPLETE||The stack failed to be updated by importing resources and is rolled back.|
|CHECK_COMPLETE||The stack is verified.|
- Log on to the ROS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stacks.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the desired stack is deployed from the drop-down list.
- On the Stacks page, find the stack and choose in the Actions column.
- In the Configure Template Parameters step, specify Stack Name and configure template parameters.
- Optional:Click Next. In the Configure Stack step, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Stack Policy
- No Stack Policy: No stack policy is specified.
- Input Stack Policy: Upload a stack policy file or enter a stack policy in the JSON or YAML format.
For more information about stack policies, see Stack policies.
Rollback on Failure
- Enabled: Rollback on stack creation failure is enabled.
- Disabled: Rollback on stack creation failure is disabled.
Timeout Period If resource creation or update is not performed within the time limit specified by Timeout Period, the system rolls back to the status before the resource was created or updated. Deletion Protection This feature prevents the stack from being unintentionally deleted. Valid values:
RAM Role You can create a RAM role to be assumed by ROS as a trusted entity, and grant minimal permissions to the RAM role based on requirements of resources defined in the template.
- If you specify a RAM role, ROS uses the RAM role to create the stack. For information about how to create a RAM role and grant permissions to a RAM role, see Create a RAM role for a trusted Alibaba Cloud service and Grant permissions to a RAM role.
- If you do not specify a RAM role, ROS creates stacks based on the permissions of the current account.
Tags Each tag is a key-value pair that can be used to classify stacks.
- Optional:Click Next to check and confirm the parameter settings.
- Click Create.