Cloud Monitor allows you to view the metrics and configure alerts of Serverless workflow.
The Cloud Monitor console provides two methods to view the metrics of a flow. You can select a proper method as needed.
Method 1: Dashboards
Dashboards provide default metric charts.
- Log on to the Cloud Monitor console. In the left-side navigation pane, choose Dashboard > Dashboards. On the page that appears, set Product to Serverless Workflow.
- Set the region and name next to Resource Type. Then you can view the metrics of the resource.
Method 2: Custom Dashboard
If you have configured a Cloud Monitor dashboard, you can directly configure a new monitoring chart by selecting the metrics to be monitored and the name of the corresponding flow. The following procedure shows how to perform configuration when you use Cloud Monitor for the first time.
- Log on to the Cloud Monitor console. In the left-side navigation pane, choose Dashboard > Custom Dashboard. On the page that appears, click Create Dashboard. In the Create Dashboard dialog box, enter a custom name and click Create. A dashboard is created.
- On the created dashboard, click Add View. Select Line for Chart Type. In the Select Metrics section, select a metric to be monitored, such as ExecutionsStarted, from the Metrics drop-down list, and select a flow to be displayed in the chart from the Resource drop-down list by Instance Of Region or Instance Of Group.
- Click Save. You can view the metric curve of this flow on the dashboard. Repeat the preceding steps to add multiple charts to display different metrics of other flows.
This section describes how to configure alerts for a flow. For example, you can trigger an alert upon a specific number of flow execution failures. You must set alert contacts before configuring alerts. For more information about the alert configuration, see Alert service.
- Log on to the Cloud Monitor console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Groups. On the Application Groups page, click Create Group. In the Create Group pane, set Product Group Name and Contact Group and click Create Group.
- On the page of the new group, click Add Product on the right. In the AddResource pane, set Products to Serverless Workflow, select instances to be monitored, and then click Confirm.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Alarm Rules. On the Threshold Value Alarm tab, click Create Alarm Rule. In the Add or Edit Rules pane, click Add Rules to create a rule. If you have not created a contact group, you must create one first.
For more information, see Create an alert contact or alert group. Set Metric Name and Threshold and Notification Methods, and click Add.
- When the configured alert is triggered, Cloud Monitor sends alert information to the contacts.