On the Baseline Management page, you can create and manage baselines.
Create a baseline
- Log on to the DataWorks console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces. On the Workspaces page, find the target workspace and click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- On the DataStudio page that appears, click the icon in the upper-left corner and choose .
- On the Operation Center page that appears, choose .
- On the Baseline Management page, click Create Baseline in the upper-right corner.
Note Currently, only the workspace administrator can create baselines.
- In the Create Baseline dialog box that appears, set the parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description Baseline Name The name of the baseline. Workspace The workspace of the node associated with the baseline. Owner The name or ID of the owner. Recurrence Specifies whether the baseline detects nodes by day or hour.
- By the Day Interval: Select this option for daily scheduled nodes.
- By the Hour Interval: Select this option for hourly scheduled nodes.
- Node: the node to be associated with the baseline. Enter the name or ID of a node and click the icon on the right to add the node. You can add multiple nodes.
- Workflow: the workflow to be associated with the baseline. Enter the name or ID of a workflow
and click the icon on the right to add the workflow.
Note We recommend that you add only the node at the end of a workflow. We recommend that you do not add all nodes of a workflow by adding the workflow.
Priority The priority of the baseline. A baseline with a higher priority is scheduled preferentially. Default value: 1.Note
- You can only change the priority of nodes in a workspace whose billing method is subscription. Valid values: 1, 3, 5, 7, and 8.
- The larger the value, the higher the priority.
Estimated Completion Time The completion time of the node estimated based on the average running time of the node during previous scheduling. If no historical data is available, the message The completion time cannot be estimated due to a lack of historical data appears. Committed Time The time point when the node should be completed. An alert is triggered if the node is not completed until the time point obtained by subtracting the alert margin threshold from the committed completion time. Margin Threshold The interval before an alert is triggered. For example, if you set Committed Time to 3:30 and Margin Threshold to 10 minutes, an alert is triggered if the node is not completed at 3:20. Assume that the average running time of the node is 30 minutes. If the node is not started at 2:50, an alert is triggered.Note The average running time of a node can be calculated based on the data of the last 15 days.
- After a baseline is created, click Enable in the Actions column to enable the baseline.
You can click View Details, Change, Enable, Disable, or Delete in the Actions column to perform the corresponding operation on a baseline.
- View Details: Click View Details to view the basic information about the baseline.
- Change: Click Change to modify the baseline.
- Enable or Disable: Click Enable or Disable to enable or disable the baseline. A baseline instance can be generated only when the corresponding baseline is enabled.
- Delete: Click Delete to delete the baseline.
Add a node to a baseline
By default, all nodes in the production environment are in the default baseline of each workspace. When you create a baseline, you actually move nodes from the default baseline to the baseline that you create.
- On the Baseline Management page, click Create Baseline in the upper-right corner. Then, create a baseline by following the instructions in the "Create a baseline" section.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Cycle Task Maintenance > Cycle Task. On the page that appears, find the node and choose in the Actions column.